Thursday, May 22, 2008

Welcome to True Blue

Greetings to you from True Blue ~

I knew when I was seven - hauling my trusty red wagon down a country gravel road to distant neighbors selling my homemade treats - that I was meant to be in the retail market and connecting with people. After working in marketing for several years, I decided that when I retire, I'll have my own little store and do something I really want to do. That's when I thought, "Why wait until you're retired (like in 50 years)? Carpe Diem!"

So the dream was founded, but after visiting many retail tradeshows throughout the country I almost gave up my dream because STUFF is everywhere. STUFF mass produced in China to entice you to buy - STUFF to fill up your living rooms and closets. Then it hit me - create a place where people can go to find unique gifts, eco-friendly and made in places you would want to vacation.

And what better way to connect with people than through a weekly blog? I even have blog vows (it's a big step):
  • To send weekly updates
  • To be real
  • To be relevant
  • To listen &
  • To share.

We can all learn from each other so sit back, have a 'cuppa' and enjoy the read!

And while you're surfing, visit http://www.truebluefriend.com/ - a destination spot for eco-friendly gifts and home decor.

Ciao for now!

No comments: